Strategic Plan (2013-2018)
GUIDING PRINCIPLES AND CORE VALUES
All the activities in the college are guided by the following principles and core values
which are deeply rooted in our Islamic and cultural heritage:
- Excellence in teaching, research and service, to meet the needs of our students and the
people of Kuwait.
- Respect for all people and appreciation of diversity in our academic enterprise.
- Civic responsibility, expressed as public involvement, individual responsibility,
personal integrity and commitment to service.
- Leadership, characterized by openness, fairness, and firmness.
- Accountability and assessment at all levels in the college.
THE MISSION, VISION AND GOALS
The mission and vision of the college are consistent with the principles and core values
as well as the University mission statement. They have been developed with input from all
constituencies (e.g., faculty, students, and employers).
The mission of theCollegeofEngineeringand Petroleum atKuwaitUniversityis:
- To provide students with quality engineering education
- To advance and disseminate knowledge
- And to lead the society in enhancing its welfare.
The vision of the College is to become the leading College of engineering in theMiddle
East, recognized for its outstanding education, research and outreach programs and for the
quality, character and integrity of its graduates.
Goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
|1. Be ranked among the top engineering colleges in the Middle East
||Rank of the College of Engineering and Petroleum
|2. Excel in teaching
||a. Student faculty ratio
|b. Graduation rate
|c. Graduates employability rate
|3. Produce impactful research
||a. Master Thesis rate
|b. Graduate programs attainment Level
|c. Faculty research productivity rate
|d. Faculty research engagement rate
|e. Research funding share
|f. Citations per faculty rate
|4. Be a key contributor to societal development
||a. Faculty community engagement rate
|b. Effectiveness of community service
|c. Effectiveness of societal development